PAIN POINTS IN BUSINESS
Technology is changing the way we live, learn and work, therefore change is expected on how leaders solve new problems, and make the most out of technology as a tool to navigate through the ever-changing landscape of business. The question is how should leaders cope in the digital era? What are the habits, mindsets, and characteristics a leader should possess?
WHAT YOU WILL BE LEARNING IN THIS PROGRAM
This course provides the basis for understanding what digital leadership is and what leaders need to do to set a good example for the employees and lead the team to greater heights. You will also be guided on how you can use the 7 habits of highly effective people to enhance your leadership effectiveness.
Embracing modern technology and going into digitalization would be the winning factor for businesses nowadays. However, no matter how competent a person is, they will not be able to achieve a long lasting success, unless they are able to lead themselves effectively, influence, engage and collaborate with others. Therefore, the future would require a digital leader with personal effectiveness.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Team Leaders, Frontline Managers, Managers and Supervisors, Outlet Managers and above, Area Managers.
At the end of this training program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the price tag of every leader is self-discipline
- Understand success factors in digital leadership
- Be a proactive and visionary leader
- Improve your influence by developing the win-win mindset, empathic listening skills and team synergy
- Appreciate the importance of continuous self-development and leadership success
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN: DAILY SCHEDULE
- Leadership Perspective
- The Greatest Leadership Challenge
- Price Tag Of Every Leader
- Case Study: Senheng’s Chairman Leadership
- Case Study: Senheng’s 26 Action Plans Towards Overcoming Covid-19
- What is Digital Leadership?
- 4V Digital Transformation Leadership Framework
- Ladder of Inference
- The Power of Paradigm Shift
- Overview of The 7 Habits
- Habit 1: Be Proactive (Principles of Personal Vision)
- Habit 2: Begin With The End In Mind (Principles of Personal Leadership)
- Habit 3: Put First Things First (Principles of Personal Management)
- Habit 4: Think Win/Win (Principles of Interpersonal Leadership)
- Habit 5: Seek First To Understand, Then To Be Understood (Principles of Empathic Communication)
- Habit 6: Synergize (Principles of Creative Cooperation)
- Habit 7: Sharpen The Saw (Principles of Balanced Self-Renewal)